Hoboken Open Houses Map
Weekend of 7/10, 7/11
Last week was a slow week. There was only one open house. Who was the sucker? Me. Open houses on a holiday weekend are like big game hunting. You mostly won’t see anything but if you do…bam. Anyone out on a holiday weekend is SERIOUS. I thought I owed that to my seller…
Here’s the rundown for this weekend.
These free maps are a service of Brian Murray. Open houses are a great way to get a high level view of the market when just starting your search but keep in mind the following important items:
1) Open houses only represent a small portion of what is available. On any given week end in Hoboken, there are between thirty and sixty open houses. This represents as little as 5% of the total inventory. A buyer who is just starting out should see open houses in different price ranges to understand what your money will buy in terms of square footage and location. Beyond and initial five or six open houses, a realtor will save you time by working with you to help define your wants versus your must haves and the properties that really fit you best.
2) The realtor at the open house works on behalf of the seller not the buyer. The relationship is defined by NJ state law that the agent holding the open house, as part of the listing realty, is working as a seller’s agent. If you tell the agent anything regarding your motivation or price range, they are obligated to tell the seller.
3) You can choose to work with any realtor even to purchase a home viewed at an open house. Meaning if you see a home you like at an open house, don’t be bullied into using that agent to sign a contract. You can certainly use a seller’s agent if you wish, but you can choose to work with any realtor to write, present, and negotiate the offer on your behalf.
4) The Hoboken Real Estate market is competitive. If you already have a happy relationship with an agent, let the person running the open house know as a courtesy. If you plan to work with an agent but haven’t yet looked at homes together, list that realtor on the sign in sheet. There are two reasons agents have a sign in sheet. First to market their services to you. Second is for security.
5) You are not wasting my time because you are just starting out and not sure what you want. If you find value in the open house maps,The Hoboken Market Trend Report, The Hoboken Weekly Market Conditions Snapshot, The Hoboken Real Estate Report, my blog or any of the other types of information and services that I provide, please contact me before you start your search. Often, I can help you choose the best or most represntative homes to see and can schedule a few hidden gems that we can see with an extra twenty minutes.
Map Legend:Yellow= Studio, Blue= 1 Bedroom,Red= 2 Bedrooms,Orange=3+ Bedrooms (includes mulifamiles)
And Here’s the new feature…. All of the open houses in speadsheet form! Cool right? You don’t have to thank me. Just make me your realtor. And if you know of anyone who could benefit from my sevices, I’d be happy to follow up with them.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Hoboken Open Houses Map weekend of July 10th and 11th